PGCE & GTP Courses and Handbooks
route offers student teachers both QTS and a university qualification but is delivered and assessed by us in a school environment. Bedfordshire Schools' Training Partnership currently has 25 secondary places (2012/13) in the following subjects - Art, English, Geography, History, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
There is no longer a GTP course from 2013/14, but the current GTP programme (2012/13) is an employment based route into secondary teaching. Trainee teachers are employed by a local school during the training year and follow their training course largely within that school. This route offers trainee teachers QTS at the end of their training. We currently have 13 secondary GTP
places in a range of subjects that varies slightly from year to year. This years cohort of 2012/13 consists of Design (including Food Textiles and DT), Drama and Music.
There will be a new School Direct route from 2013/14, see the latest news section of our website for the latest information
Support for our trainees :
- a dedicated mentor within your placement school.
- weekly Subject Knowledge for Teaching (SKfT) development sessions.
- weekly Professional Studies development sessions.
- access to the full range of University of Bedfordshire facilities - including the library (PGCE trainees)
- access to the University of Bedfordshire library (GTP trainees)
- termly visits from all SKfT Subject Course Leaders and our Quality Assurance team to monitor and support trainee progress and development.